- LIGHT THE DARK (Album Review)
- Every track reflects the strength of an artist possessed, one benefitting from both confidence and craft. Thereâ€™s nothing halfway or compromising about what Ullman does; he puts his all into every offering and the results bear that out, even on first hearing. [Read More...]
- Indie folk rocker David Ullman performs at Tavern Lounge
- Indie folk-rocker David Ullman will appear from 8 to 11:30 p.m. Saturday, April 13, at The Tavern Lounge in Northfield.
Known for emotional intensity, Ullman is a recent Northfield transplant from Cleveland, Ohio, where he garnered a large following for "passionate, furrow-browed folk-rock for the frustrated and love-lorn." [Read More...]
- NEW Weekly Wednesday Video Cover YouTube Series
For this new weekly video series, I'll be delving into my video and audio archives to uncover performances of some of my favorite songs by other artists. Each Wednesday around lunchtime, you'll find a new, old favorite--with a fresh introduction by Yours Truly. Watch below, and subscribe to my YouTube channel.
- Album Release Party Pictures
The Light The Dark Album Release Party at Blue Arrow Records in Cleveland went really great. It was wonderful to see all of my Ohio friends again. And now, thanks to Courtney Yost (Facebook) and Kira Heeley (Photobucket), you can browse not one, but two photo galleries from the show!
- TVD Recommends: David Ullman at Blue Arrow Records, 12/22
- About a year ago, we met David Ullman when he was in the process of raising the funds to produce his album, Light the Dark, which from the outset was intended to be released on vinyl.
Now, the recently relocated Ullman returns to Cleveland for the first of what will hopefully be many independent record store performances to celebrate the albumâ€™s release, which occurred on December 4. [Read More...]
- Live Wire/Get Out! :: David Ullman
- Singer-songwriter David Ullman made an auspicious debut in 2008 with Dog Days, a beautiful album of acoustic ballads that featured his distinctive voice. Ullman, who lived in Northeast Ohio at the time, has recently moved to the far north (he now calls Minneapolis home) but still plans to revisit Cleveland regularly. Heâ€™s steadily grown as an artist since releasing his debut, and his new album, Light of Dark, has more grit to it. [Read More...]
- KYMN Radio Interview & In-Studio Performance
From Jessica Paxton's December 3rd edition of "All-Wheel Drive." - Includes an interview and in-studio solo performances of "Wise Blood" and "Upward Down" from the album LIGHT THE DARK.
Visit the "All-Wheel Drive" page @ http://kymnradio.net/2012/12/03/all-wheel-drive-december-3-2/
- New Album, LIGHT THE DARK, Released Today
- You can watch a preview by and get a glimpse of myself and my talented collaborators working in the studio, or you can listen on Spotify or Soundcloud.You can also stream the whole album for free at the all new...If you live in Northeast Ohio, you can pick up LIGHT THE DARK in person at Blue Arrow Records (16001 Waterloo, Cleveland) for the exclusive price of $10. And don't forget to join me there for the Album Release Party on Saturday, December 22nd.Regardless of where you hang your stocking-cap, you can get your very own copy of LIGHT THE DARK at any of these fine online shops…
- "Light The Dark" Album Release Party, Dec. 22nd in Cleveland, OH
Join me and few of the fantastic musicians who played on LIGHT THE DARK for a special, unamplified performance of the entire album (and maybe a few other favorites) at Blue Arrow Records on December 22nd.
- "The Vinyl Countdown" @ Blue Arrow Records in Cleveland
"The Vinyl Countdown" was filmed at Blue Arrow Records in Cleveland, Ohio--where I'll be celebrating the release of Light The Dark on December 22nd with an all-acoustic in-store performance--and features my top five favorite records on their shelves.
Trace the development of my musical tastes, influences and idiosyncratic collecting and listening habits--all from the couch of this amazing independent record store best known for its 1300 square foot album-cover floor, which is covered entirely with vintage LP sleeves (you have to see it to believe it!).
- (Final) Production Vlog #50: LIGHT THE DARK Album Preview
In this final update to the Production Vlog series, you'll hear clips from the finished versions of "Who You Say, Wise Blood, The Fall, Fear Followed, Upward Down," and the album's title track, "Light The Dark."
You'll also see video of the album-takes as they were recorded and interview segments from Yours Truly about where these songs come from, what some of them are about, and why I feel compeled to share them with you.
- "Upward Down" My New 'Bloody' Music Video
The music video for "Upward Down" is now live. Director Bobby Makar and I finished it over the summer, and he did such a great job, it was difficult not to release it the second the final edit was uploaded. I’m very pleased to debut it here now.
Check out the moment at 2:44 when I accidentally cut my finger. Even though it wasn’t planned, that slip-up actually makes the whole video for me!
If you dig it, please help spread the word by sharing the link on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, or anywhere else you can think of.
- Taking the main stage of The Beachland Ballroom Wed. July 11th
WEDNESDAY, JULY 11TH
Doors Open - 7:30
David Ullman - 8:00
Mary’s Lane - 8:45
Ben Ripani Music Co. - 9:45
CRAIC - 10:45
15711 Waterloo Rd.
Cleveland, OH 44110
Click Here for $8 ADVANCED TICKETS
- Production Vlog #49: Hot Off The Test Presses
Another benefit of "buying local." I was able to pick up test pressings of my new album from Gotta Groove Records on my lunch hour! Immediately after exiting the building, I tear into the carefully packaged records in my car like a kid on Christmas morning.
- Opening for Johnny Cash's Granddaughter March 30th in Akron
Join me as I open for Johnny Cash's Granddaughter, Chelsea Crowell next Friday at Musica in Akron!
As if her lineage weren't intriguing enough, Ms. Crowell's 2011 album, CRYSTAL CITY made NO DEPRESSION'S Top 10!!
Get your discount advance tickets for $9.99 HERE!
- Production Vlog #48: Cauliflower Audio - Mastering for Vinyl (Part 2)
Head engineer Adam Boose @ http://caulifloweraudio.com walks us through his gear and workflow for mastering a digital/vinyl dual release.